Our commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to Woman’s Trust (WT). We will look after any personal information you share with us. Woman’s Trust (WT) wants everyone who supports us, or seeks our support, to feel safe, comfortable and confident about any information they share with us.
Additionally to this Privacy notice we have the following separate polices in place: Confidentiality policy, Data Protection policy, Record Keeping policy and Access to record policy. Please contact us through email@example.com if you would like a copy of either of these.
We will endeavour to use any information we gather to help us communicate in the best way with you.
- We strive to make it easy for you to tell us how you would like to be contacted, and we will aim to respect your wishes within two week. You can change your preferences at any time.
- We will keep you up to date with our plans, campaigns, activities and appeals, (if you tell us it is ok for us to contact you)
- We will never release or share or sell your information to anyone outside WT.
- We will keep our record accurate and up to date, and do not keep them longer than necessary.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to support us. If we get things wrong, we will take on board your feedback for future communications.
- We will always provide an easy way for you to contact us. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7034 0303 with any questions and we will respond as soon as we can.
Our Privacy Principles
Woman’s Trust is committed to providing confidential services. Our principles are integrated across all aspects of the organisation.
- When will we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information when you contact WT, for example: if you enquire about our activities, register to receive our information, engage in our services or make a donation. This may be when you email or call us, through our website, talk to us at an event, or contact us in the post
- What information do we collect?
- The personal information could include details such as name, birthday or age, postal address, email and telephone numbers.
- We do not store any credit/debit card information.
- We gather information from our website using analytics provided by Google Inc., Google Analytics. We do not use this to track individual users’ information unless it is input in one of our embedded forms
- Your choice
- We like to keep our supporters up to date with our progress. So, to update you on what we are doing and how you can support us, we will keep in touch with you via the method in which you have given your consent (email, post and/or phone).
- We will also use the information to personalise our communication to you.
- We also analyse the personal information we have on our database and, on occasion, collect publicly available information, so that we can carry out our fundraising activity and to contact you in the most appropriate way, with the relevant information.
- WT fully complies with the General Data Protection regulations 2016, the Dataprotection Act 1998 and Disclosure and Barring service (DBS) Code of Practise
- Who sees your information?
- The personal information we collect and store will be accessed by our staff, counsellors (and occasionally volunteers) who we can support you to the best of our ability.
- The security of your information
- We take the security of your information very seriously.
- We will never give, rent or sell your information to other organisations for their marketing purposes.
- When you give WT personal information, we do all we can to ensure that it is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to completely secure. So while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and therefore any transaction is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable steps and all other precaution required by law to protect that information, we will take reasonable precautions required by law to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Any credit card details we receive through our website may be passed securely to our partners who are compliant with Payment Card Industry Security Standard to fulfil and process your donation.
- If required to do so by any applicable law, WT may need to disclose some or all your personal information depending on the level to which we are legally required to comply.
- There are times when we may make your information available to third parties who are acting on your behalf, in order for us fulfil your communications preferences. To protect this information, we ensure we have third party agreements in place as well as a robust procurement process. Our suppliers cannot use your information except for the agreed piece of work commissioned by WT.
- We will never share your information without your consent with other organisations except in the following circumstances
- Where there is a serious risk of harm to any child or vulnerable adult or
- Where ordered to by the Court or Where required to do so under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 1989
- How to update or access your personal information?
- You may ask at any time to correct or remove information
- You might have a right to know what information WT are storing
- You can ask about the information we are holding or update it by contacting email@example.com
- You can also send complaints about the information we hold or the way we have contacted you to the email address above, and we will aim to respond within 2 weeks.
- You also have the option to complain to the Information Commissioner officer