Arabic/Turkish/Farsi speaker Sessional Female Counsellors
This post is women only, the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1 applies
4 hours per week (1 day) – day to be agreed – for each counsellor – £25 per hour
Closing date for applications: Monday 22th May 2017 Midday
Interviews scheduled for Week of the 5th June 2017
To offer short-term (18 weeks) and drop-in counselling following the Person-Centred approach to Arabic, Turkish and Farsi speaking clients on Woman’s Trust’s counselling waiting list. All WT services are client-led and based on a Person Centred/Humanistic model of working. Commitment to this way of working is essential for this post. To hold a 4 client workload at any one time, with the view to supporting at least 10 women during 12 months. To allow each client a contract of up to 18 sessions or to provide drop-in emotional support. To attend monthly supervision (two hours per month) with a Woman’s Trust supervisor (this time is unpaid).
- To offer a mix of an initial session and up to 18 weekly counselling sessions and Drop-in emotional support to 4 clients per week following the Person-Centred approach. Clients to be seen over one day ensuring at least 10 clients are seen in a year.
- To ensure and maintain accurate records and keep all other administrative tasks up-to-date.
- Ensure the impact of WT counselling is monitored through questionnaires and evaluations provided to women using the service.
- Provide help, advice and information to women and individuals contacting Woman’s Trust. Refer women on to other services as and when appropriate.
- To support further development of this new and also existing WT services.
- To attend clinical supervision (two hours per month) at Woman’s Trust, paid for by Woman’s Trust, and ensure regular catch ups with the Therapeutic Services Manager. These hours are outside the paid contract hours.
- To attend training or management meetings to facilitate your work, as deemed necessary by WT. This time will be unpaid.
- To respect the confidentiality of the client at all times and abide by Woman’s Trust’s confidentiality policy. Any counselling notes should be stored safely and should not contain information that could identify the client (e.g. name, address, telephone number). All forms and notes belong to Woman’s Trust. We will aim to keep this to a minimum and do as much of this remotely as possibly
- for monitoring returns
- As minimum a diploma in Person-Centred/Humanistic Counselling or equivalent is essential
- BACP/UKCP accreditation: working towards or BACP registered
- Experience of offering one-to-one counselling in Arabic or Turkish or Farsi
- 450 client hours following the Person-Centred/Humanistic approach
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification counselling experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with issues of domestic violence including working directly with women clients.
- Experience of offering short term interventions ideally for crisis intervention and/or within drop-in settings.
Please download an application pack: Arabic/Turkish/Farsi Sessional Female Counsellor
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer counsellor at Woman’s Trust click here.