Becoming a Volunteer Counsellor – Art Therapist – Counselling Placement
Exciting opportunity for volunteer female Counsellors/Art therapists to join our team for the East and West London projects (Counselling Placement)
Woman’s Trust is a BACP accredited Person-Centred/Humanistic counselling service
East and West London Volunteer Counsellor/Art Therapist essential requirements are:
- Counsellors/Therapists need to be in personal therapy for 1 year minimum
- Follow the person-centred/humanistic approach
- Be in their second year of a diploma course or equivalent
- Have one year experience of working with clients (30 supervised client hours or equivalent experience).
The benefits of having a placement with us are:
- Free supervision (fortnightly for two hours)
- Travel expenses reimbursed (up to £9.50 per day)
- Telephone expenses reimbursed
- Support by the counselling staff team member
- Possibility of working with clients with a number of presenting issues and from a variety of backgrounds
- Fully insured
Counsellors/Therapists have the opportunity to work in East London (Newham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge, Greenwich, Havering, Barking & Dagenham and Waltham Forest) and West London (Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham) during the day and/or evening.
Please note: Due to the needs of women using our service, the minimum commitment is 4 clients per week. Counsellors will be required to attend Woman’s Trust’s 2 hrs supervision on a fortnightly basis and a 3-day induction training.
You can submit your application at any time. The next training will take place in September 2018. Attendance to training is compulsory if successful at the interview stage.
All placements are for female Counsellors/Therapists only. The Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1 applies. Please note that a CV will not be accepted
More intakes are set during the year and applications will be accepted outside these times.
If you are interested in applying for a Volunteer Counsellor/Art Therapist placement please download the appropriate application pack and email it to Fiona Llewellyn email@example.com
“Being a volunteer counsellor at Woman’s Trust has surpassed all of my hopes and expectations; the women I have met in this role have brought new meaning to the words courage, resilience and hope. I have been invited in and joined them on their journey to new possibilities-it is a humbling experience and a privilege.”